A frequently expected question on the internet is something such as, “I’m X years of age. May I have sexual intercourse with an individual who is Y years ” that is old. The solution to this relevant concern calls for a glance at of Oklahoma’s chronilogical age of permission, incest, and rape guidelines.
Age of Consent in Oklahoma
The chronilogical age of permission in Oklahoma is 16. Consequently, its generally speaking appropriate for the 16-year-old to own intercourse with anybody over the age of them. Intercourse between those who are 15-17 years old is normally legal. Many different exceptions make that intercourse unlawful.
Statutory Rape in Oklahoma
21 O.S. § 1111 states that rape takes place when the target is 15 years old or more youthful. But, 21 O.S. § 1112 states that any particular one can’t be convicted of rape once the sex that is consensual with some body over 14 unless anyone had been 18 years or older. 21 O.S. § 1111 also states that the sex that is following additionally illegal:
- Where in fact the target is underneath the custody that is legal direction of a situation agency, a federal agency, a county, a municipality or even a governmental subdivision and partcipates in sexual activity with a situation, federal, county, municipal or governmental subdivision worker or a worker of a specialist associated with the state, the government, a county, a municipality or even a governmental subdivision that workouts authority on the target. Translation: No intercourse by federal federal government workers with somebody who is underneath the custody of a government agency if that agency the employee works well with workouts authority within the target.
- In which the victim are at minimum 16 yrs old and it is not as much as two decades old and it is a pupil, or underneath the appropriate custody or direction of any general public or private primary or additional college, junior high or senior high school, or general public vocational school, and partcipates in sexual activity with somebody who is 18 yrs old or older and it is a worker regarding the same college system. Translation: a college employee that is 18 or older can’t have intercourse with a pupil in that exact same college system who’s more youthful than 20.
- Where in actuality the target is 19 years old or more youthful and it is into the appropriate custody of a situation agency, federal agency or tribal court and partcipates in sexual activity with a foster parent or foster parent applicant. Interpretation: Foster moms and dads can’t have intercourse along with their foster young ones in the event that child that is foster 19 or more youthful.
- Where in fact the target are at minimum 16 years old but significantly less than 18 yrs. Old in addition to perpetrator associated with criminal activity is an individual in charge of the child’s wellness, welfare or safety. “Person in charge of a child’s health, safety or welfare” includes it is not restricted to:
- A parent,
- A guardian that is legal
- A parent that is foster
- Someone 18 years of age or older with whom the child’s moms and dad cohabitates,
- Every other adult moving into the house for the son or daughter,
- A representative or worker of the general general public or private home that is residential organization, center or time treatment plan, or
- An owner, operator or employee of a young kid care center.
Incest in Oklahoma
Per 21 O.S. § 885, incest is unlawful. 43 O.S. § 2 outlines the parameters of who it might be unlawful to own intercourse with. Intercourse between folks of the relation that is following unlawful:
- Ancestors and adam4adam mobile descendants of every level,
- A stepfather by having a stepdaughter,
- Stepmother with stepson,
- Uncles and nieces, except in instances where relationship that is such just by wedding,
- Aunts and nephews, except where such relationship is just by wedding,
- Friends and family of this half along with the entire bloodstream, and
- Very first cousins.
Are you currently faced with incest or rape in Oklahoma? Phone Oklahoma intercourse crimes lawyer Frank Urbanic in OKC for a FREE assessment at 405-633-3420.